Instinctively when I stepped out the door early this morning my first thought was, "Rain, rain go away come again another day." Immediately following this picture came to mind:
Without the rain these beautiful flowers could not grow. Last night I went to bed feeling a overwhelmed, tired, worn out and lonely. Our mortal experience was designed to bring rain. But through the infinite atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ we are promised morning, light and sunshine will come.
Rain brings purification, cleansing and growth. Storms will come; some gentle drizzlings others torrential down pours. Both are necessary.
Durning times like this I ask myself, Are you finding joy along the journey?
This past year my bishop has repeatedly taught about planting seeds. What good is it to plant if the seed is not watered? Rain is necessary. The prophet Lehi taught, "For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things" (2 Nephi 2:11).
Knowing this brings comfort. Lyrics from Les Miserables eloquently express my feelings about times like these.
"A little fall of rain
Can hardly hurt me now
You're here, that's all I need to know
And you will keep me safe
And you will keep me close
And rain will make the flowers grow."
I know my Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ are always by my side. They keep me safe and close. Through their assistance the falling rain will make flowers grow.


No comments:
Post a Comment