Have you ever known your high school to flood? Well, I must tell you it's a rather interesting experience. It was three days after school started (yeah I know I’m behind, but heck, there's a lot going on specially with explications coming up) and I’m making my way down cross-hall to go to choir. I notice that it's a LOT harder than normal to get through, and I mean a LOT harder- I thought to myself, "self, if it's going to be this hard all year you're going to have to find a more scenic route to class." However, because I’m about halfway to class I decide it wasn't worth it to turn around. I'm so glad that I didn't. I continued on my journey and happened upon a mass of people and began to here lots of squeaky shoes... yes that's correct, squeaky shoes. Then much to my dismay I saw 3 inches of water in the hall! Oh no!! The school really is leaking for real this time. The garbage cans can't hold it all in anymore! Run before the walls cave in! Ha-ha, well then someone was kind enough to inform me that it wasn't the ceiling, it was the bathroom... hm I don’t know but honestly I found that comment no comfort at all. I found it much more disturbing. However, I had to continue on my way to class- because heaven forbid I mustn’t be late the second day of class. However upon reaching the puddle myself I was again even more disgruntled because I had chosen to wear flip flops that morning, I stood on my tippy toes-- but as you all know that doesn't help me out too much-- and slowly waded across, hoping beyond hope that I wouldn't slip and fall- which you all know would have been perfectly to my nature too. Alas- this story isn't one of my falling flat upon my rump, no sir, I made it to class on time with nothing more than sick bathroom watered feet. eewwww, I’m definitely not a fan of that! anywho, the next day talking to one of my newer friends - aka a dear little sophy- I was recounted the terrible story of the flooded hall and the poor little dear had fallen on her rump. I must admit that I was sad I wasn't there to see it myself. But, what better story to tell her kiddies about her first week at high school. :D
06 September 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow, nothing cool like that ever happened when I was there. Or maybe there was and I have now tried to block it out. :)
One time someone ripped the drinking fountain at cross and C hall out of the wall and it was like a gyser. Crazy-awesome, or just crazy?
Yeah for explications.
Hey! I remember that!
This other one time it was winter, and I arrived at my French class to find my desk surrounded by water and ceiling tiles on my seat.
I miss OHS.
Remember the time the boiler broke and there was an extreme excess of steam? Ahhh...
Post a Comment