25 September 2006

I hate tests. I've never been any good at them. Who ever come up with them? Even worse than that who came up with the idea of a stinking testing center? Today I had the "opportunity" of taking my first test in the don dan don.... "testing center."

Everyone had told me about how awful it was and I really had no desire to go and fill in bubbles for who knows how long then finish up with a bunch of short answer questions. But alas, my grade for the class did require me to take it if I had any hope of passing. So I trudged up the hill to this blasted place. Once the door was in sight I couldn't help be think to myself, "You're not ready for this. You have time go and study so more." But for some reason or another I kept walking and reached the door. Slowly I reached my hand out for the handle, and pulled the heavy metal door open and stepped into a dimly lit concrete one-way staircase (alright, I know stair cases allow people to go up and down both ways, but this one had something about it that said, "no retreating now, bwahaha!"). The little man inside my head was screaming, "Sara turn around and run!" But my feet continued on their way up those eerie steps. Upon reaching the top I saw they were trying to fool me. There was a cute, bright, cheerful young woman to help me long my way. She took my card, saw my name and said, "Sara, what test can I get for you?" smiling all the while. Deep inside I’m sure she was mocking me in my pain. After a minute she handed me my test and wished me luck. I guess she couldn't be all that bad. I opened the next door and walked in. The room was completely silent and entirely peaceful. At the front of the room there was a picture of Christ with his hands outstretched. Beginning to feel a little better about this place I looked around to find an empty seat. To my luck there were about 250 of them, so it wasn't all that difficult. However, as I started upon this task I found it to be more difficult than one might think. For you see, there were quite a few fellows to whom I would have liked to say, "I find you...I find you strangely attractive." After selecting the seat with the best view, I had to muster up what was left of my strength to try and concentrate on my test. It took me a while, but not quite as long as I had originally though. Taking one last look--over the questions... and my fellow testing friends ;) I stood up and walked out of the "testing center." I gave a more different happy cheerful smiling lady my test to grade and walked out to find the nifty screen that suddenly flashed my score. "100% PERFECT!" And I thought to myself, what a wonderful world. By golly, the "testing center" isn't so bad after all.

4 comments:

Sara said...

welp thanks, but that didn't include the short answer. i'm still not quite sure what i got on that part. but it was really nice :D

Annegirl said...

I have YET to get a 100%! JEALOUS! Plus I swear there are ALWAYS cute boys at the testing center! It's a curse, really, because how are you supposed to talk to them there? Except I heard this story once of a guy who met his wife there...

Meridith said...

I once had a crush on the guy that gave me my test, but then I found out he was married. Gosh! All the cute ones have to be taken....

meagan said...

ha ha ha! I once got a 53% on my first testing center experience. I blame it on the lack of cute boys (;