15 November 2006


Everyone enjoys hearing those three magic words, "You've got mail!" What can bring joy to your heart quicker? Nothing at all my dear friends. I however have decided to cease my sad and disappointing trips to the mailbox. Recently every time I have hopped on down to peer into the somewhat exciting hole and opened up that secret door I've instantly been excited. But alas, my dear friends after quickly pulling out the pile of letters and things and quickly flipping through them all of my joy has been extinguished--when it comes to getting mail, all that ever comes is for my non-existent roommates. Needless to say my adventures to the mailbox don't bring me as much joy as they once did.
However, all is not a complete loss-- after listening to a friend's advice I've decided there are better ways to use the "mail key" when it comes to bring joy to my heart.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally relate! In our appartment, "going to get the mail" became code for "walk by!" =) Bwah ha ha.

meagan said...

I remember those days. Now all I can hope for is credit card offers. I can't exactly jump for debt, can I?

Adriane said...

I never EVER used the mail key on a walk by...except...
well, there was that one time when his FHE group was having a BBQ...
...and his roommate slyly asked me to join them...
...and after much arm twisting, I agreed...


...but now we're married, so maybe it works, eh?