10 November 2008

Seeing Through Life's Foggy Storms

The mysteries of tomorrow have been clouding my mind the past few days. Countless opportunities seem to be within my reach, all I need to do is decide which I’d like. It’s almost like standing in a candy store and seeing all the tasty options; each will satisfy a different craving. As I’ve been stewing over which “goody” I’d like for the next season of my life I have come to the realization that I alone have to decide before taking it to the one who knows all and sees the end from the beginning. My opinion and thoughts are valuable to Him. It’s critical that I give it.

Having said this, making a personal decision does not mean that everything will be crystal clear. There are days when the light shines through. There is no doubt in your mind that the path you are on will lead you where you want to go as the temple gleams at the top of the hill. As you are walking to class you are sure of what the future holds for you.



But then there are days like today, when I’ve decided on that piece of candy, or so I think and the weathers of the world come upon you. When thick fog encircles you. It’s damp and cold. The path you’ve traveled many times before is cloudy. You know the path leads up the hill to the temple, but you can no longer see. Comfort comes in knowing each step you take brings you closer to your goal, although the ending point is completely covered. With each step you take you expect your vision to become clearer. But it doesn’t. It is then you remind yourself of what you know. Though the world may come against you the path has not changed. You are progressing with each step whether or not you see the faint shape of the temple beginning to form in the distance, or even the slightest difference in your life. The familiar temple scene is hidden, even as you turn toward the temple. Seeking that peaceful feeling that comes only from seeing the temple lit up against the world’s storms you drive to the parking lot. Even as you enter the parking lot it is hazy. But you continually move forward and a faint outline comes into view.

1 comment:

Dianna M. Boren said...

Not only does this describe my life down to the "T" but man you're a GOOD writer! Honestly I got so lost in thought reading your post... you could like publish it or something! :) LOVE YA! Remember I'm here for you when you need me! :)