09 December 2008

Considerations of Consecration

Life's happenings seem to come and go just as the wind upon my face. Recent events have caused much reflection and pondering. This meditation has stirred many feelings--including the desire to do better, give my all, and self doubts that it will not be enough. I was reassured today by the following quote I happened upon as I was reading Consecrate Thy Performance by Elder Neal A. Maxwell.

"In pondering and pursuing consecration, understandably we tremble inwardly at what may be required. Yet the Lord has said consolingly, 'My grace is sufficient for you' (Doctrine and Covenants 17:8). Do we really believe Him? He has also promised to make weak things strong (see Ether 12:27). Are we really willing to submit to that process? Yet if we desire fulness, we cannot hold back part!"

Truly each day and moment requires much of us. If high expectations were not present within our lives our greatest improvements would never be made. One does not see the need to change what is comfortable. I am a firm believer that all things happen for a reason; to improve the individuals we are, and reach beyond what we imagined possible of ourselves. I have resolved today to consecrate all my works to the one who is all knowing. In Him I place my trust. His grace I will rely upon as I face the challenges of each new day.

1 comment:

Annegirl said...

Thanks Sis. :)