26 June 2006

You know the saying "the quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach." Well I believe the quickest way to a woman's heart is through the gift of flowers. To all the women out there who have ever received a flower this one's for you. Today at work I had the most wonderful heart warming and melting experiences ever. We were about to leave the park to take the children home and I was trying to convince Dani to come down the slide one last time. But from across the park I hear Cody calling "Sara!...Sara!" After a few minutes Dani finally concluded on which was the best slide to come down and we were on our way to the car. As soon as the car is in sight I see Cody and his staff member who was watching him near my car. He quickly sees me and dashes toward me holding out his hand calling "Sara! Sara! Sara! I picked this just for you!" Looking down in his little hands I saw a flower, a dandelion, "just for me." He handed it to me and gave me a great big hug. My heart melted on the spot. I’ll tell you what ladies, that's the best flower I’ve EVER gotten. It’s not the kind of flower, but rather the way the flower is presented that matters the most. Sigh, I really do have the best job in the entire world!

1 comment:

Annegirl said...

Oh! what a cutie!