16 August 2005

School rivalries are meant as a way to get different schools to interact with eachother. But do they end up doing more harm than good? You see recently I've been involved in a competition trying to earn a free homecoming dance for my high school, but because my school has won it for a couple years in a row now, everyone seems to be out to get us. Honestly, to me it isn't so much about the money that comes from the contest anymore, it's more proving to all the other high schools and the mall that's hosting the competition that we really can bet the odds even though they keep making up "special" rules just for my high school. As you can probably tell I'm really into this competition, but I just want all of you to know that it doesn't matter what others say about you, or what they try to stop you from doing. Just keep trying and know that in the end they only push you into becoming better people and helping defy all the odds!

3 comments:

meagan said...

You are so right.

One of my favorite Gandhi quotes is: "When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall -- think of it, ALWAYS."

Keep it up!

Adriane said...

This one time, I was walking out of University Mall, very sad. I was so tired of trying on pants that were too small and too short. Sniff, sniff. But then I walked past the information desk, and gave her my receipts, and said, "Orem High School, please." It was a good thing. PG was still winning, but they are the only ones in the running!

Sara said...

so new up date on this article and the mall being dumb. one of our students was so mad about the competition being rigged, so he called the radio station that does the contest and they said they would be talking to the mall. on top of that we have had students from the other high school that was a head of us admit to cheating in the contest. mostly i am just glad to say that our school didn't cheat and we tried our best to win, and who knows we might yet be rewarded even though the competition was not fair in the slightest. never forget that being honest ALL of the time is what really matters :D